How do you measure success and failure in your business? Do you reward your staff based on their efforts, ideas and how much they achieve or do you reward them primarily on results?
Research has shown that companies which only focus on target-based results create a fixed mindset culture. This can suppress growth and stifle innovation. The results are unhappy and inward-looking workplaces.
Growth mindset cultures significantly improve motivation, effort and positive approaches to new challenges. Teams with a growth mindset are more likely to embrace challenges and be more persistent. Growth Mindset looks at how cognitive, emotional, and behavioural features of one's personality are linked to one's beliefs about their ability to grow and achieve.
The Laughology growth mindset for managers programme is delivered by a team of dynamic, experienced behavioural experts, who are engaging, energetic and most importantly drive behaviour change through, effective and fun activities. They will demonstrate how to develop and adopt Growth Mindset through language and feedback and in doing so develop teams who embrace risk, are more resilient and encourage success through personal growth.
Growth Mindset for managers programme
The complexities of working in environments with a variety of personalities and thinking styles can be a minefield, especially when your role is to develop and positively challenge.
Social awareness and sensitivity are key skills to having effective and sometimes very direct and challenging conversations.
Having techniques as a leader or manager that promotes growth and development is an essential part of being a great manager or leader.
The interactive growth mindset skills for manager’s programme will help managers and leaders develop inter-personal skills as well as techniques and tools to give effective feedback.
Using practical tools supported by Growth mindset theory, this programme will introduce participants to:
- positive communication styles as well as enhance their self-awareness when interacting with others
- tools and techniques to get the best out of interactions to embed a high performing culture and continually coach and develop teams using growth mindset language
- develop a culture where individuals continue to strive to get better, have the confidence and emotional intelligence to receive feedback in a positive way and develop behaviours that promote continued development and growth.
- Be able to have challenging but effective conversations
- Know how to use language and behaviours in a positive way to influence
- Skills to shift mindset in others that can get in the way of feedback
- Enabling growth mindset in through conversations and feedback
- Being able to tune in, adapt and flex your communication and thinking style to connect and build relationships
- Being aware of language and behaviour traps that block effective feedback
- Develop a leadership style that is effective for building world class, high performing teams
Growth Mindset for Teams
Developing growth mindset raises standards and creates happier places to work. Neuroscience tells us that intelligence and ability are not set.
Consequently, leaders who enable learning and encourage others to have self-belief will build engaged teams that flourish with ability, self-determination and positive outcomes.
This is how growth mindset is developed. Understanding more about the brain and how it works, helps people increase capability and harness potential.
Growth mindset principles allow teams to develop continually. They also develop awareness of how individual and group attitudes impact on the development and ability of others.
Employees in a “growth mindset” company are:
- more likely to say that their colleagues are trustworthy,
- more likely to feel a strong sense of ownership and commitment to the company,
- more likely to say that the company supports risk-taking and fosters innovation.
Using practical tools supported by Growth Mindset theory, this programme will help participants:
- enhance thinking skills that can be used to advance learning and engagement at every level
- explore theory and the practical application of developing a growth mindset.
- develop tools for thinking differently, encouraging them to be more open-minded and receptive to new developments and opportunities.
- identify areas for personal development and enhanced contribution to the organisation.
- look at techniques to dispel myths about capabilities and intelligence.
- address the challenges of limiting unconscious behaviours and language that support them.
- understanding personal mindset and how to unleash blocks and potential
- gain a greater understanding of the neuroscience and how to strengthen the brains learning power and self-control
- positive decision-making and how to overcome perceived barriers
- how to reframe information personally and with others from an emotional and cognitive perspective
- understanding how to manage personal learning processes
- for individuals and teams to start to using language that enhances growth mindset
- develop skills to give and receive feedback in a manner that encourages learning and development.
Growth Mindset techniques are a powerful development tool. Organisations who would like to find out how it can work for them, can call us on 0844 800 1701, ask a question using the chat module on the bottom right of your screen, or use the contact form below.