Improving the communication skills of your organisation or business is key to a happy and productive workforce. Effective communication in the workplace helps to form effective teams who know their roles and feel valued.
The communications skills training workshop is delivered as a two-hour or half/full day session. It will teach the skills needed to improve your communications, develop and promote interpersonal relationships and create an effective communication strategy within your organisation.
How we use the science of humour and happiness to promote positive communications skills
At Laughology we use a unique approach to communication, consulting, development and thinking, which uses the psychology of humour and happiness as a foundation. We have a systematic and science-based approach to enable some of the best trainers and consultants in the UK, to develop solutions that are tailor made to your organisation.
Book your place on the Laughology Improve Your Presentation Skills open workshop
This London based presentation skills workshop will teach you the skills used by performers & comedians to think quickly, creatively and deliver unforgettable performances. Early bird prices apply - so get a move on!
Location: Grosvenor Hotel, 101 Buckingham Palace Road, Victoria, London, SW1W 0SJ
Date: Friday 5th May 2017.
When we talk about humour, we're not talking about telling jokes or taking things lightly, we are talking about a cognitive tool, based on solid scientific data. The science behind the Laughology model builds positive communication skills and makes organisations happier, and more effective.
The way we communicate can be dependent on how we feel. Humour can be developed and used to process incoming information from all external stimuli to make us feel better about our experiences. Better communications facilitates positive communication internally in the organisation and externally to your customers.
Effective communication training can achieve the following:
- influence decision-making by presenting a strong point of view and developing mutual understanding
- deliver efficient decisions and solutions by providing accurate, timely and relevant information
- enable mutually beneficial solutions
- build healthy relationships by encouraging trust and understanding
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN FROM THE COMMUNICATION SKILLS WORKSHOP
How to recognise different styles of communication and adapt your communication styles and methods to create understanding and rapport with others:
- How to think about the different styles of communications
- What are you trying to communicate and the context.
- How to communicate in different situations.
- How communicating using different media can affect your message.
Understanding the role of body language and voice tone in effective communications:
- How body language can be used to communicate your message in a particular way, but can also easily be misinterpreted.
- How body language cues such as making eye contact and the boundaries around personal space can all influence how your message is understood.
- According to studies, tone of voice is responsible for 35-40% of the messages you are sending
Learning how to use the correct body language and tone of voice can have a significant impact on your communication style.
Understanding your communication styles and how to use these to maximise your personal impact:
- What is your communication style?
- Should you use a combination of verbal and visual style when communicating?
- Should you change your style to suit the circumstances?
- Should your style change to suit audience characteristics like, age, gender and the type of message you are trying to deliver?
Your communication style is a crucial part of keeping the audience engaged, maximising your personal impact, and ensuring they don't just hear your message, but also remember it.
Understand situations from different points of view and be able to make effectively balanced decisions to gain the co-operation of everyone involved:
- People have different opinions which, if not acknowledged and understood, can cause conflict.
- Understanding and appreciating the various viewpoints are essential skills for communicating
- Building consensus that can work in all types of situations and ensures everyone's ideas and concerns will be taken into account.
Don't forget the most effective form of communication is two-way communication.
Active listening and communicating in ways that enhance understanding and interest:
- Active listening as a communication technique for coaching, counselling, training and conflict resolution.
- Active listening for engaging and feeding back what you hear, ensuring the person or audience feels understood.
Active listening improves interpersonal communication, builds meaning and enhances understanding from both verbal and non-verbal communications.
Recognise the impact your personal mood and feelings have on how you communicate:
- How personal moods and feelings all play a part in how we respond and communicate with others.
- How your mood can play a part in how we run meetings and approach conflict.
- How your mood impacts on motivating and inspiring others.
- The power of words to create feeling and enthusiasm.
Recognising and understanding your feelings allows you to analyse and work out how they played a part in the success or failure of your message.
We have provided this course to over 200 organisations and over 10,000 delegates across the UK.
If you would like to know more about how the communications skills workshop can benefit your organisation call us on 0844 800 1701, or use the contact form below. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have.