Menopause in the workplace - FREE Laughter and Learning at Lunchtime event
We have joined up with NatWest to deliver a FREE Menopause session.
Date: Tuesday 17th September
Time: 12.00 – 1.30
Location: NatWest, 1 Princes Street, London EC2R 8BP
Join us for a spot of lunch followed by an interactive talk and Q&A to help understand more about the menopause and how to support and help those going through it.
And here is a little bit about the workshop…
It is estimated that around one third of women in the UK are peri or post-menopausal. An ageing population with an extended pensionable age means that many of those women will be in the workplace. Whether businesses want to or not, they have to start talking about the menopause because increasingly, it will be something that affects most workplaces.
Enlightened discussion about the subject is important, yet rare. Most employers brush it under the carpet, even though it is a natural part of life. Research suggests that 10% of women leave their jobs as a result of their menopause experience. Small changes in the workplace, and a greater understanding of the issues can stop this and help organisations retain experienced, important staff. With the right occupational health strategy in place, organisations can reduce absenteeism, increase well-being and improve conditions and working practices.
The lunchtime session will cover:
- Insight into how menopause impacts on women physically and mentally
- Why this isn’t just a ‘women’s problem’ and how menopause can have an impact on families, relationships, workplaces and how to positively help and do the right thing.
- How to communicate sensitively about health issues relating to the menopause and how to broach conversations.
- Things you can do to take control, sleep, exercise, food and emotional strategies.
- Practical solutions to help promote menopause awareness and create a more comfortable working environment for those affected by menopause.
Some of the key benefits of having a positive menopause awareness strategy are:
- Reduced absenteeism
- Increased well-being
- Increase knowledge and information for all on menopause
- Improved organisation and working practices
- Having a safe space to talk about menopause without judgement
- Increased retention & productivity
If you’re interested in attending this workshop, please email your name, company position and any dietary requirements to email@example.com.
Spaces are limited so book your free place now.
If you have any questions about the workshop, or if there is anything else we can help you with, please contact me or one of the Laughology team who will be happy to help.
Look forward to seeing you there..
12 noon – Arrival and lunch
12.30pm – Menopause session
1.15pm – Q&A
1.30pm – Close
- Created on .