Humour laughter and happiness are vital ingredients for engagement. If you get children and young people emotionally involved, if they enjoy what they’re doing, they’re going to want to be there and want to learn.
One of the most important chemicals for learning is dopamine. Dopamine is enhanced when we feel good, connected and positive. Therefore creating a classroom where this happens will enhance learning connections. This teacher inset day workshop will be a mix of theory and practical skills to take back to the classroom and use every day for increasing engagement, learning and motivation.
You will learn about:
- The science of humour and laughter as a thinking and development tool
- The power of laughter for learning and memory
- How to think using the humour toolkit FLIP to help with feeling calm, in control and positive about challenges (FLIP is explained as a child friendly version too)
- Fun ideas to encourage laughter in the classroom
- How to use humour and laughter in an appropriate, controlled but fun way
You will take away:
- Tips on how to use humour and laughter as a learning and teaching tool
- Ideas to aid engagement, confidence, memory and learning success.
- Practical techniques for fun in the classroom
- Techniques for keeping control and using humour and laughter in an appropriate way