The evolving role of headship means the work of head teachers is ever expanding and demanding. Resilience, creativity and flexible thinking are essential skills to meet targets, manage, create effective teams and lead a school that sets and obtains high standards.
As well as performance management, headship is also about effective relationships and communication. Laughology can help you enhance the range of leadership skills needed to help you and your school achieve excellence. This head teacher inset day session is ideal for head teachers, assistant heads, deputies and anyone in a role in school that involves leading or managing a team, the session will be a mix of practical and theory and introduce techniques to help you manage, lead and communicate better.
You will learn:
- How developing greater communication skills can enhance team cohesion
- How to deliver challenging messages in a positive way
- How to develop your own coping techniques to feel on top every day
You will take away:
- Techniques for communicating with a variety of differently personality types
- Tips for delivering messages and making them stick
- Tools for increasing resilience in your team and for you
- Ideas for engagement, motivation and how to create a happy team