It can sometimes be the belief that ability and intelligence are set, believing we are born intelligent and we either are or are not. This is not true; intelligence and ability are obtainable by all and generally the only thing stopping us is self-belief.
Understanding how to help children believe in themselves as well as the people around them, will bring out the best in them. This should be the starting point in any child's school life. This teacher inset day training session will be a mix of theory and practical skills to take back to the classroom. It will introduce background knowledge and research into how the brain takes in information and what impacts on how we learn.
You will learn:
- The psychology of learning, motivation and memory
- The power of expectation and its effect on outcomes
- How developing and encouraging positive beliefs about ability increases capability
You will take away:
- Tips on how increase engagement and learning in the classroom
- Ideas to aid confidence, and learning success.
- Techniques for promoting confidence and resilience in pupils and the wider learning community
- An understanding of the brain and how to increase potential in all children