Feeling connected as a team with BGF
BGF is a UK and Ireland-based investor of equity capital in growth economy companies. Lead Happiness Consultant, Dave Keeling, was invited to do a one hour zoom session for personal assistants and front-of-house team members on Flip-it Thinking, to help their team feel more connected.
The objectives were:
- To bring attendees together in a humorous way and make them feel connected as a team
- For all attendees to feel uplifted and empowered by the end of the session
- To look at the benefits of humour and its positive impact on mental health.
So Dave, armed with his virtual tickling stick (don’t ask) and without his abacus, set about creating a fast-paced interactive, how-to session that explored these objectives in a variety of fun and informative ways.
These included exploring:
- Thought processes and how these impact how we feel and what we do
- How resilience isn’t just something we have but continually build
- Shifting our focus into proactive actions that put us back in control
- Positively positioning our wonky thoughts/language, when the negative voice takes over
- Using ‘magic questions’ to get unstuck
- How Laughter and humour can help flip our perspective in challenging times
The session whizzed by and the humour and banter taking place in the chat box was light-hearted and fully engaged throughout.
The participants not only got their quota of laughs and left feeling empowered, but they also left with plenty of tips, tricks and techniques to help them feel more connected. They also had a better understanding of themselves as cognitive human beings, as well as the tools to shift their thoughts and feelings into positive actions.
- Created on .