BOOK YOUR PLACE
Scheduled Mind the Gap webinars. Limited places available.
MIND THE GAP
GET SCHOOL READY WITH LAUGHOLOGY ONLINE WORKFORCE TRAINING AND WEBINARS
Even before the corona virus crisis, mental health issues were the number one cause of long-term absence among UK workers. Lockdown will have undoubtedly exacerbated this issue. Supporting people to be mentally ready for a return to school, and to cope with changes in work patterns and practices, is a major challenge.
Mind the Gap for school leaders
School leaders need to have sensitive conversations to support the mental and physical wellbeing of their teachers and parent.
Teachers, pupils and parents need to feel psychologically safe in order to return to school.
Leaders need to lead with empathy and direction. We have developed an online foundation course, delivered through virtual classrooms, to help schools devise practical steps to support the school community through these changing times:
Leader workshops: 2 x 90min webinars: (Ideal participants 25)
Ideal for school clusters and multi-academy groups
Leading in extraordinary times
- Creating psychologically safe environments for staff, children and parents
- Managing, motivating and communicating through extraordinary times
- Supporting people to flourish through complexity, with agility and flexibility
- Creating a school-ready action plan
- Cheat sheet on creating virtual environments
- Practical activity sheet for creating the right environment
- School/Nursery Action Plan (SNAP*)
- Creating a plan for psychological safety
- Creating a SNAP
Big chats, little chats** for mental health and wellbeing
- Toolkits for supporting mental health and wellbeing
- Identifying concerns early and developing prevention plans
- Supporting and signposting when challenges arise
- Introducing FLIP for building resilient, future-focused teachers and children
- Mental health cheat sheets
- FLIP introduction cheat sheets
- Activities for managers to promote positive mental health and resilience
- Developing regular check-ins
- How to support psychological safety with visual triggers and mental triggers
Mind the Gap school staff
A single 90 min webinar for school staff which we recommend accompanies the leader programme.
Return to school will raise concerns over safety, wellbeing and change. Some staff will work from home, which requires a new mindset and new practices. Resilience, agility and adaptability are core skills. People will need to learn quickly and modify how they teach at short notice.
This 90 min webinar introduces
- Growth mindset skills for agility and adaptability
- Skills for building resilience and positive mental health
- Creating a SNAP
- Created on .