Schools that have used emotional intelligence ‘toolkits’ have seen a number of benefits, including a fall in the level of ‘serious incidents’ and exclusions, as well as an impact on attendance levels and most importantly, a child’s ability to learn, engage and achieve.
This teacher inset day workshop will be a mix of theory and practical skills to take back to the classroom. It will introduce background knowledge and research into how happiness can impacts on the brain and learning and case studies into how happiness has been use in schools to improve well-being and standards.
- Understanding what makes us happy and the impact on the brain
- The psychology of learning, motivation and happiness
- What does a Happy-Centred school mean in terms of productivity, engagement, satisfaction levels and results?
- How developing each one of five key Laughology happiness factors can help raise standards and learning on every level
You will take away:
- Tips on how to promote happiness as a learning and development tool.
- Ideas to aid engagement, confidence, and learning success.
- Practical techniques for creating happiness and positivity in a school team and in children
- Techniques for promoting confidence and resilience in pupils and the wider learning community
- Case studies of how using happiness and positive psychology have improved results