The decorations are down, the hangovers are a distant memory, and testes are being given a hard squeeze
The decorations are down, the hangovers are a distant memory, the gym membership is in place (until at least March) and you're refreshed, fired up and ready to grab 2019 by the testes and give them a good hard squeeze. Welcome back.
The lights are back on at Laughology HQ (they never really go out, we just dim them a bit) and we are gearing up for another amazing year in which our number one priority is to make people and places happier, healthier and more productive. We will be working on loads of exciting projects throughout the year and will once again be spreading the Laughology magic around the globe with international partners. Keep an eye on our website for news of our adventures.
And in the meantime, if you are struggling with the fact that there are no more duvet days in your pyjamas, watching Love Actually and browsing the sales online, here are a few suggestions on how to cope with your first week back on planet work.
- Try to arrive in a positive frame of mind. Listen to some uplifting music or Zoe Ball's new Radio 2 breakfast show on the commute to work.
- Have a proper lunch break at least once. Go out with your favourite work colleagues, have a change of scenery, go to a restaurant or cafe, sit down and have a hot dish.
- Hold a competition to discover who had the worst joke from a cracker.
- Book a break for later in the year.
- By all means do Dry January and Veganuary, but don't beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon once or twice. Small incremental changes in lifestyle over time are healthier and more sustainable than complete abstinence for limited periods.
- Declutter your workplace and your inbox.
- Subscribe to the Laughology newsletter.
- Focus on the opportunities for the year ahead and set yourself some positive goals.
- Watch the BBC documentary When The Screaming Stops, about Bros. Unintentionally hilarious. Like if David Brent did a 1980s teen pop reunion.
- Don't mention Brexit until week 2.