Laughology INSET days
Laughology’s expertise in education was in demand in January when the team delivered INSET days in schools across the country, most with a particular focus on wellbeing.
Some schools wanted staff to understand how they can look after themselves, manage stress and create healthier working habits; some wanted to know how to support and improve pupil wellbeing; others wanted to develop an even more positive ethos and a happier atmosphere.
School and school staff face a lot of challenges, including increasing levels of accountability, higher workloads, recruitment and retention difficulties and budget restraints. Which is why so many understand the importance of helping their people become more aware of their irrational, wonky thinking and behaviours, as well as giving them strategies to support their own mental health through tools such as Laughology’s wellbeing enablers and happiness drivers. It is also the reason an increasing number of schools are investing in the Happy-Centred School PSHE programme to support staff and children’s wellbeing.
2019-20 key INSET dates are almost booked up and we are now taking bookings for next academic year. If you would like support to create an even happier school with emotionally resilient people, then it might help to think about the following.
- If you are starting to think about your school development priorities for next year, will any of your targets be about improving staff and children’s wellbeing?
- Which will have a more lasting effect – a fun team building day, a day of massages and meditation (which both sound lovely and show your staff that you value them and care about them) or a day of researched-based, proven support from the Laughology team?
- How much per person does the Laughology training cost and is this value for money? Are there other schools that you could partner with to share the cost?
- Following any training, do you have champions who can make sure that new learning, thinking and behaviours are embedded?
- If you would like some training, do you need to check Laughology’s availability, and set your INSET dates accordingly?