Laughology helps Join the Dots on happy organisations
Join the Dots consumer insight agency think it’s important to have happy people in their business, people who have fun along the way, work as part of one big team, share successes and reap the rewards. Happy people are what we do, so Join the Dots couldn’t be a better fit for Laughology.
JtD commissioned us to provide a whole 'Happiness programme' to their team around:
- Thinking about how they work currently
- What they do that promotes happiness
- Well and positive working
- What could they do more of to take responsibility for enjoying the journey
Kerry Leigh teamed up with Stephanie Davies to deliver a preliminary two-hour session with the JtD team. The session helped them understand further the impact of how’ they work and why happiness is a driver for productivity, customer satisfaction, as well as personal and commercial gain.
The outcomes focused on:
- Recognising what happiness and enjoying the journey actually means
- Taking into account heavy working schedules and feelings that are not always conducive to joy and happiness
- Learning more about the positive effects of joy and fun have on the brain, creativity and innovation
- Knowing how to FLIP a challenge on its head and be optimistic and positive
- Having an idea of a personal development to focus on for the following year.
As a consumer insight agency, JTD already had a lot of knowledge on behavioural psychology as it informs the work they already do, so information about how the brain works in relation to humour and happiness was received with enthusiasm and intelligence.
We had a lot of fun with them using exercises that set off the brain’s positive neurotransmitters.
Each employee wrote down one thing they will do differently on a postcard before the office emptied rapidly so they could go to an indoor snow sports centre! Join the Dots are certainly passionate about happiness - although probably a little colder by now!
- Created on .