Growth mindset for business
How do you measure success and failure in your business? Do you focus primarily on results or do you reward your staff based on their efforts, ideas and how much they have achieved?
Research has shown that companies which only focus on target-based results create cultures which suppress growth and stifle innovation. The results are unhappy and inward-looking workplaces. This is described as a fixed mindset culture.
Businesses and organisations which encourage people to believe they can develop, grow and improve, create innovative, forward-thinking, creative workplaces which embrace risk and use failure to learn. . This is described as growth mindset culture.
Developing growth mindset in organisations will raise standards and create happier places to work
Neuroscience tells us that intelligence and ability is not set. Consequently, leaders who enable learning and encourage others to have self-belief willbuild engaged teams which flourish with ability andpositive outcomes. This is how growth mindset is developed. Understanding more about the brain and how it works helps people and organisations to increase ability and harness potential.
Growth mindset principles allow teams and individuals to continually develop. They also develop awareness of how individual and group attitudes impact on the development and ability of others.
Employees in a “growth mindset” company are:
- 47% likelier to say that their colleagues are trustworthy,
- 34% likelier to feel a strong sense of ownership and commitment to the company,
- 65% likelier to say that the company supports risk-taking, and
- 49% likelier to say that the company fosters innovation.
Harvard Business Review
Developing a growth mind-set
- Enhance thinking skills that can be used to advance learning and engagement at every level. • Explore theory and the practical application of developing a growth mindset.
- Equip individuals and teams with tools for thinking differently, encouraging them to be more open-minded and receptive to new developments and opportunities.
- Identify areas for personal development and enhanced contribution to the organisation.
- Look at techniques to dispel myths about capabilities and intelligence.
- Address the challenges of limiting unconscious behaviours and language that support them.
- Are delivered by a team of dynamic experts who are are engaging, energetic and most importantly, fun.
- Are grounded in proven science.
Learning Outcomes include:
- Understanding personal mindset and how to unleash blocks and potential
- Gain a greater understanding of the neuroscience and how to strengthen the brains learning power and self-control
- Positive decision making and how to overcome perceived barriers
- How to reframe information personally and with others from an emotional and cognitive perspective
- Understanding how to manage personal learning processes to enhance development
- For individuals and teams to start to use language that enhances growth mind-set
- Develop skills to give and receive feedback in a growth mind-set way that encourages learning and development.
Our sessions are built around your organisations needs
We can deliver:
- 2-hour sessions
- Half or full-day workshops
- Programme that can help you cultivate, nurture and create a growth mindset culture. We can talk to you about how best to develop this for teams, managers and leaders.
Book and take your Growth Mindset by end March 2017 and receive a 20% discount.
Use discount code. GMS2016
Use the contact form below to send us a message, or use the chat facility at the bottom right of your browser screen to chat with a Laughologist.